Five Questions You Need To Ask Yourself
There are 5 questions you should ask yourself before you engage a landscape professional to complete any work. Not asking these questions may turn out to be costly.
1. Are they a member of the Landscape association? – Landscape Associations are a great place to begin. They continually educate there members with new products and changing techniques in. They also have a strict criteria you must meet before you are excepted into the association. Therefore if your landscaper is a member of an association, you can be assured they have a high standard of work.
2. Were they prompt and punctual? – If your landscaper doesn’t turn up on time, or at least within 10 minutes of the scheduled time, it tells you everything you need to know about there attitude. I understand that unforseen events are a part of life, at the very least you should expect a phone call to let you know about any changes.
3. Did they provide a well written/detailed quote? – I have spoken to clients over the years who have received a number on a scrap bit of paper from some landscapers. If the quote you receive isn’t typed on a computer with a letterhead, outlining in detail the work to be completed, then think twice.
4. Did you strike a rapport? – Some landscaping jobs are large, expensive and can take many months to complete. If you job falls into this category, it is important that you like or feel comfortable talking to your landscaper, especially if there are complications that need to be worked through down the track.
5. Are they insured? – Public Liability insurance is a must. If your landscaper is not covered and a claim is made, you may be liable.
If you answer YES to all 5 questions, you will dramatically increase your chances of having a smooth and enjoyable landscaping experience.